How to Repair Bleached Damaged Hair Fast!
How to Repair Bleached Damaged Hair with great products and gentle hair care tips. This is how to Fix fried bleached hair Fast ladies! I recovered from bleached blonde hair one year ago and repaired my bleached hair! Last year my hair was breaking off and totally fried! My long bleached hair had so much damage from the peroxide and flat iron I was using. I finally learned how to save my bleached damaged hair from breakage and grow my hair out extra long. Read my How to Repair Bleached Damaged Hair Care.
How to Repair Bleached Damaged Hair! Is your bleached hair feeling like straw and easily breaking off when you brush your hair? That was happening to me everyday when I damaged my hair with bleach aka or peroxide! It took 3 months for me to finally figure out how to repair bleached and damaged hair. If you have newly dyed platinum blonde hair and it’s damaged, this article is for you, baby! I’ll show you how to fix / repair Bleached Damaged Hair Fast! This is my repair bleached damaged hair at home cure!
Hello! Here’s a video I made talking all about how to repair bleached blonde hair:
How to Repair Bleached Damaged Hair FAST- 5 Tips
1. Do NOT use Shampoo for 1 week – After bleaching your hair with peroxide, it’s important not to use shampoo! Stay away from using shampoo for at least 1 week! Just use conditioner in the shower. The reason is because the peroxide stripped your hair raw and removed any natural oils you had from root to tip! I know it’s hard not to use shampoo for a week, but you need to stay away from sodium lauryl sulfate like the plaque! I wish someone told me this fun fact a long time ago. If you have an oily scalp (like me) and must clean your scalp, opt for using the WEN Cleansing Conditioner instead of a traditional shampoo! WEN doesn’t strip the oils in your hair I promise!
2. Moisturizing conditioners are your hair’s new BFF. Your hair is thirsty 24/7, especially the first month of having bleached hair. After shampooing, always use a deep moisturizing conditioner for damaged hair. Always use a leave-in conditioner treatment. My hair savior was Infusium 23 – Leave in Treatment (Repair and Renew). I still swear by it to this day and nothing makes my hair more manageable, soft, and strong! Put it in a spray bottle and let your hair soak up the cocktail of essential hair goodies it craves, especially protein and moisture! I really LOVE Infusium 23 – Leave in Treatment and I use it almost everyday! Makes my hair shiny too! From straw to silk I swear! I Like to also shop for mine at Target. Moisture is the best way how to repair bleached damaged hair! If you want an all natural cure for bleached hair, I recommend using Extra Virgin Olive Oil!
One of the best all natural remedies how to repair bleached damaged hair is using olive oil on your bleached damaged dry hair.
I have days that I saturate my hair with extra virgin olive oil and do all my household chores while leaving the oil in my hair! I like to wash it out at night. Olive oil is one of the only oils proven to saturate your hair shaft getting down to the core! (coconut oil also penetrates) Olive oil really helped saved my bleached damaged hair fast! It’s a great DIY remedy for damaged hair on all hair types! This is my favorite oil for treating brittle bleached damaged hair! Olive oil helped make my hair feel healthy and smooth again. I had a chunk of hair that felt like a rough brillo pad, I cried because I thought I would have to cut it and olive oil saved my hair! After 3 hours of leaving in the olive oil, my hair felt smooth. I rinsed it out with warm water and I conditioned my hair in the shower and when my hair naturally dried, I used the infusium 23 leave in treatment. I was able to comb out that rough patch of hair and I did a happy dance! Yay! I took my time undoing the snarls. I also want to mention the importance of making sure you saturate your scalp with the olive oil, your roots need moisture now too. This can help stop your hair from falling out after you bleach your hair. The oil will sooth and moisturize your scalp.
3. Throw away your flat iron! – Straw (damaged hair) and heat (via your flat iron/curler) DON’T MIX! I don’t care if you use heat protection, heat is heat and keep heat away from bleached hair. I was once using my flat iron every day before work, I noticed my hair was super straight, silky, and starting to get very dried out and breaking off in tiny doses. It all started to add up into a ton of missing hair, especially the front layers of my hair that I straitened the most! I stopped using it and viola, my hair stopped breaking off. If you don’t throw away the flat iron, your hair will be thirstier than the Sahara Desert! (maybe just save it for extra special occasions) Once you remove the heat from your hair routine, you’re well on your way how to repair bleached damaged hair fast. You can actually go back to using your flat iron once your bleached hair is strong enough. 😉 It will take at least two weeks to feel back to normal.
4. Use a deep conditioner once a week – You need moisture at the deepest layer of your hair. Get there by using a good moisturizing hair conditioner and some Extra Virgin Olive Oil! I have a step by step review here: How to Deep Condition and Get Shiny Hair My favorite deep moisturizing hair conditioner is the WEN Re Moist Intensive Hair Treatment – Read my fabulous WEN Hair Care System review. You can use any conditioner that’s for dry damaged hair, WEN is just my personal choice. It deeply saturates my hair.
5. Don’t Completely Blow Dry your hair – Wash and condition your hair at night and allow your hair to dry naturally at night. This is also one of my secrets How To Grow Long Hair Fast
When you wake up in the morning, you may lightly blow dry it using a rounded brush to straighten and add volume instead. This puts less time of heat on your hair and the blow out will straighten your hair! Doing a hair blow out or quickly blow drying your hair is the safest way to straighten bleached hair. The best hair brush for bleached hair is a boar bristle brush because it distributes the natural scalp oils from root to tip creating shiny hair and most importantly preventing breakage. Your natural scalp oil will protect your hair! Read my Boar Bristle Brush Benefits
These 5 Tips How to Repair Bleached Damaged Hair really worked for me and I was able to avoid cutting my hair. I’m growing out my natural dark color now for fall and winter. I’ll probably add streaks for the summer as usual. Hair peroxide strips away the strong proteins in your hair during the bleaching process of removing melanin, so take it easy unless you’re living at the Playboy Mansion! 😉 I hope you enjoyed learning about bleached hair care.
Want to see photos of bleached damaged hair before and afters.
Also, another way to repair bleached damaged hair that has TONS of snarls: Learn How to Untangle a whole head of snarls here
Do you have a tip how to Repair Bleached and Damaged Hair? Please let me know in the comments below!
Please share this photo on pinterest:
Thanks for reading how to repair bleached damaged hair fast!