Proactiv Renewing Cleanser Review for acne prone skin care. If you have been suffering with acne prone skin like me since I was in high school, you’ll LOVE trying Proactiv’s Renewing Cleanser that’s part of a 3 step skin care routine for the management and prevention of acne. Read my review on Proactiv Renewing Cleanser ! (Step 1)
Covering up acne with makeup was always easy for me, but after a while I hated living with constant acne surprises especially around high stress final exams! I was suffering in high school with acne during my senior year and received a Proactive kit that year for Christmas! I started seeing small results in as little as 3 days! This was a skin care routine that blossomed into a good habit and I learned how to properly take care of acne prone skin. It’s important to stick to a daily skin acre routine, consistency is king! (And I’ll prove why below) How to get clear acne free skin? I believe Proactive is the best choice to get clear acne free skin!
I’m going to review the 3 step Proactiv system separately to really explain each step and why you need all 3 skin care products! The Proactiv Renewing Cleanser is the most amazing acne cleaner you’ll ever meet. I love the exfoliating beads the best. My skin always looks more even toned and feels like it can “breathe” again after using the renewing cleanser.
Proactiv Renewing Cleanser is often imitated but I have never seen any perfectly duplicated! (I’ve tried many) The “Dupes” will often have the same ingredients BUT they never use the same high quality Proactive uses or the same ratios. The best ingredients in Proactiv Renewing Cleanser are finely milled, prescription-grade Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% which helps heal and prevent acne by killing the bad bacteria in the pores, and Magnesium Aluminum Silicate (Read all about skin care ingredients) which are the tiny exfoliating beads proactiv uses to remove dead skin cells and it’s also found in many body scrubs to resurface the skin and reduce the appearance of fine lines. The next big ingredient in Proactive that makes it work wonderfully is Glyceryl Stearate. This acts as a lubricant on the skin’s surface, which gives the skin a soft and smooth appearance. Proactiv put a tremendous amount of care in the quality and ratio of the ingredients and that’s why it works the best to clear up acne and prevent new acne from forming!
The Best way to use Proactiv Renewing Cleanser:
- Make sure your makeup is properly removed, use my DIY organic makeup remover. Once your makeup is removed, Proactiv can do the job it’s meant for. This Proactiv cleanser is best for removing dead skin cells, not your makeup. You won’t get the best results if you rely on the renewing cleanser as your primary makeup remover.
- After removing your makeup, I highly recommend you use your Clarisonic Skin Care Brush to remove excess skin cells and left over makeup remover, dirt and oil from your skin. This also will make the Proactive Renewing Cleanser perform better and faster! This professionally preps your skin for all you skin care products and should also be used before your Night Time Beauty Routine.
- With damp skin, apply a pea sized amount of the renewing cleanser to your forehead, each cheek, and chin. Gently use your fingertips (clean sanitized hands) in upward circular strokes pressing firmly into your skin so you can feel the cleansing beads (Magnesium Aluminum Silicate) exfoliating your dead skin cells away and resurfacing your skin. Keep gently massaging your face for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Rinse away the Proactiv Renewing Cleanser and use your Clarisonic Skin Care brush for a final deep down clean. The benzoyl peroxide will work to deeply destroy any bad bacteria in your pores and prevent new acne from forming!
- Pat your skin dry and continue with the Proactive Solution Revitalizing Toner.
I want to mention that it’s important to use all 3 steps. When I had “lazy days” I though I didn’t need to use the toner or repairing lotion. Wow was I wrong! Or when I ran out of one step, my acne would come back! I also once made the horrible mistake thinking that my skin wouldn’t mind if I missed using Proactiv for a couple of weeks since it was so clear and acne-free, my acne came back worse than ever! It took a good 3 weeks to get my skin back to normal!
Thank you for reading my Proactiv Renewing Cleanser Review !
Do you love the Proactive Renewing Cleanser? Did you enjoy my Proactiv Renewing Cleanser Review? Please let me know in the comments below! You can always purchase Proactiv® Original 3-Step System from their trusted website <– $19.95