Dry Brushing Benefits
- Dry Brushing Benefits
- Dry Skin Brushing Benefits
- Immediate dry skin brushing benefits
- Long term dry brushing benefits
- Why is dry brushing better than wet brushing?
- Why dry skin brushing is better than scrubs, steam baths, and moisturizers
- VIDEO: Dry Skin Brushing Expert CHO Sung-Kyun
- Dangers of having too much dead skin on your body
- How often should you dry brush your skin?
- What if I have redness after dry brushing my skin?
- How to choose the right type of brush for dry brushing your skin
- Dry Skin Brushing FAQ
- How to dry brush your skin at home – technique
- How to care for your dry brush
- Why I started dry brushing my skin
- Fun Skin facts
- How I dry brush my skin
- Dry brushing your skin is easy
- The first time I dry brushed…
- Where to buy a natural bristle dry brush?
- Dry Skin Brushing FAQ
- How often should you use a dry brush?
- Can dry skin brushing help you lose weight?
- How often should you dry brush your face?
- Can I dry brush my pubic area?
- Can I dry brush if I have sensitive skin?
- My skin is very dry, is it ok to dry brush?
- What are the first dry brushing benefits I will have?
- Does dry brushing lighten skin?
- Do celebrities and models dry brush?
- Does dry brushing tighten skin?
- Is dry brushing good for acne prone skin?
- Dry brushing reviews:
- Does dry brushing work?
- Is dry brushing good for cellulite?
- Dry brushing face?
- How to dry brush cellulite:
- If I have stretch marks, can dry skin brushing remove them?
- Dry skin brushing final thoughts
- One weird tip for dry brushing your skin
Dry brushing benefits for your skin that will make you want to start dry brushing right now.
Yes! More healthy and gorgeous looking skin by simply by dry brushing for as little as one minute a day.
I just started dry brushing last week and all I can say is… why the heck haven’t I been doing this years ago?
Yes! The best part is that there’s some immediate skin benefits of dry brushing after your first time trying it. If you have a lot of dry skin brushing questions, I have the frequently asked questions below.
If you can’t find the dry brushing information you’re looking for, please leave it in the comments section below. I’m happy to answer all your questions.
Today I’m going to share everything you need to know about dry brushing and all the amazing immediate dry brushing benefits you can expect day one.
Even the long term dry brushing benefits that I can already say I’m experiencing after one week of dry bushing my skin before I take a shower each night. (listed below)
There’s lots of dry brushing blog posts but mine rules simply because I’m sharing my real story and all the facts I researched thanks to Dr. CHO Sung-Kyun and experience first hand myself.
Bingo! Let’s get started!
Dry Skin Brushing Benefits
Exfoliate – Stimulate – Detoxify
Immediate dry skin brushing benefits
- Glowing skin
- Unclogged pores
- Toxins removed that were trapped below skin
- Removes dead skin
- Closer shaved skin
- Longer lasting shave
- Tightened skin
- Absorb skin care lotions deeper
- Stimulates faster skin cell renewal
- Smoother skin
- Stimulated muscles
- Better circulation
- Drainage of lymph system
- Cleaner skin
- Exhilarating start to the day!
Long term dry brushing benefits
- Rejuvenated nerve system
- Smaller pores
- More even distribution of fat in the skin
- Softened appearance of stretch marks
- More skin elasticity
- Tightens loose skin
- Less toxins trapped in skin
- Removal of sun tan (lighter skin)
- More even skin tone
- Weight loss
- Improved muscle tone
- Less wrinkles
- Glowing skin from head to toe
- Less razor burn
- Relieves dry itchy skin
- Skin looks moisturized and supple
- More energy
- Helps reduce swelling
- Can take the look of ten years off your skin
- Removes acne scars
- Healthier lymphatic system
- Helps with hair loss (unclogged hair follicles)
Why is dry brushing better than wet brushing?
According to CHO Sung-Kyun, Doctor – Parkview Skin Clinic (Paju)
“When your skin becomes wet , it causes you skin to become more soft and expand. Thus making it more difficult removing dead skin cells.”
Why dry skin brushing is better than scrubs, steam baths, and moisturizers
He actually states that many patients visit his clinic with skin problems caused by wet exfoliation using wash cloths, exfoliation gloves, and loofah sponges.
VIDEO: Dry Skin Brushing Expert CHO Sung-Kyun
Dangers of having too much dead skin on your body
- Clogged pores
- Prevents toxins from gathering in pores
- More sensitive skin
- Trapped toxins that can cause sickness
- Poor circulation
- Numbness – excessive cold hands and feet
How often should you dry brush your skin?
- Normal – Dry skin: 1-2 times a week
- Oily skin: 3-4 times a week
- *If you have excessively dry skin or a serious skin condition such as dermatitis or eczema, Do NOT dry brush your skin. Please see a doctor.
What if I have redness after dry brushing my skin?
If you have slight pink redness of the skin after dry brushing, it’s nothing to worry about; it’s normal according to CHO Sung-Kyun. However, if you experience bright red skin or start to hurt, you should seek medical attention immediately.
How to choose the right type of brush for dry brushing your skin
Use a natural bristle brush (such as the brushes listed below) because it’s softer and will cause less irritation than a synthetic bristle brush.
Dry Skin Brushing FAQ
How to dry brush your skin at home – technique
It’s easy to dry brush your skin at home. Especially before you take a bath or shower. You work the dry brush from your extremities (hands/feet) working your way in towards your heart.
- Start dry brushing your feet up and down several times working your way up your legs to your knees.
- Next, start brushing your hands and arms slowly working your way up to your elbows.
- Brush above your knees working up towards your thighs.
- Brush your abdomen and slowly work up to your belly button
- Finally, Brush your chest and back. (be careful with sensitive skin such as breasts.)
- The process should take about 3-5 minutes. Go at your own pace and long enough that makes you feel comfortable.
- Next, jump into a warm shower or bath and wash as usual
- Upon towel drying your wet skin, apply a little coconut oil to deeply moisten and protect your exfoliated skin.
How to care for your dry brush
- Keep your dry free from moisture when not using
- Wash your dry brush once at least every two weeks
- After washing your brush, leave it in the sun to completely dry
- If you see mildew or smell a bad oder, throw away and get a new brush
- Never share a dry brush with anyone
Why I started dry brushing my skin
After learning what to expect in famous Korean skin spas, dry skin brushing was something new to me and I wanted to learn more about and try for myself at home. I’m always learning about skin care treatments found around the world and this one seems like it has popular great results.
Fun Skin facts
- Skin is the largest organ of the human body
- 1/3 of your body’s toxins are removed through your skin
- Dry brushing help the process of eliminating toxins from your body
How I dry brush my skin
First, I have been dry brushing my skin for a week simply by using the method mentioned above but I only dry brush my skin for a minute. I seem to get the same great results. Usually, like to spend a little extra time on my little under arm fat and abs because it feels like the muscles are tightening up and looking leaner from use. Second, I also love to take my time scrubbing my legs with the dry brush to get a super close shave. Same goes for my arms and other places. 🙂
Dry brushing your skin is easy
It’s easy, you really shouldn’t be afraid to try dry brushing. It’s as simple as it sounds and you should do it the way it feels good for your skin.
The first time I dry brushed…
It feels weird at first like… hey now shouldn’t I have water and a soapy lather happening right now? I felt like I was “waking up” my skin. It’s pretty tingly and takes some getting used to. But the tingly sensation of blood rushing to the area you’re scrubbing is a good thing. You feel like you’re exercising and doing something special for your skin.
OK, I admit it reminded me of scrubbing potatoes in the sink lol… you know that rough potato skin. LOL. Especially after scrubbing the chubby parts of my under arm it felt like the fat was going to just firm up. Also the fat on my belly felt like it was breaking down and I was getting toner. How cool is that by the way?
Where to buy a natural bristle dry brush?
Go to amazon, the link I listed below for the best deal on a dry brush. I did a lot of research on amazon and found an all natural bristle dry brush with a comfortable wooden design and hand strap. Below is the dry brushing brush I use.
Here’s the natural dry brush I bought on Amazon for $3.95
There’s also different sizes, prices, and dry brush gift sets to buy. (great trendy spa gift)
Dry Skin Brushing FAQ
How often should you use a dry brush?
Your skin type will determine what’s best. Only you can really decide what feels best. If in doubt, dry brush once a week for three minutes.
Can dry skin brushing help you lose weight?
Dry brushing can help you lose weight by speeding up your circulation and redistributing the fat cells in your body. You stimulate the nerve ending and engage the muscles with dry brushing, therefore burns calories and can help stimulate develop and tone your muscles. Tighter looking skin will also make you look slimmer.
How often should you dry brush your face?
The skin on your face is a lot thinner than your body, making your face a sensitive area. Yes, you can dry brush your face but do it more gently than your body.
Can I dry brush my pubic area?
Yes. Carefully. This can also help if you get ingrown hairs in your pubic area. It will help keep the pores clear and unclogged, allowing the hair to grow out. Dry brushing your pubic area will also give you a closer shave on your pubic hair.
Can I dry brush if I have sensitive skin?
Yes, make sure you use a natural dry brush for sensitive skin to avoid irritation.
My skin is very dry, is it ok to dry brush?
Your skin might not be ok to dry brush if you suffer from severely dry skin. Check with your doctor first.
What are the first dry brushing benefits I will have?
Most likely, the first dry brushing benefits you will have are glowing skin and feeling energized.
Does dry brushing lighten skin?
Overtime, yes. Dry brushing helps exfoliate dead skin cells, including tanned skin. The pigmentation will fade away sooner by dry brushing, If you got a deep tan this Summer, dry brushing can help slough off the sun tanned skin, revealing your natural skin color.
Do celebrities and models dry brush?
Yes!!! Gwyneth Paltrow, Jennifer Aniston, Kim Kardashian, Madonna, Miranda Kerr, Molly Sims, and Tracie Ellis swear by the benefits of dry brushing their skin.
Does dry brushing tighten skin?
Dry brushing helps stimulate nerve endings, detoxify your skin, thus triggering your skin to rejuvenate and heal. Yes, I noticed tighter skin. Dry skin brushing also reminds me of the skin care benefits of microneedling aka a derma roller. It wakes up your skin to start healing. Removed toxins = healthier skin.
Is dry brushing good for acne prone skin?
I love dry brushing my acne prone back. I believe dry brushing prevents me from getting bacne. (back acne)
Dry brushing reviews:
My overall dry brushing review is that I’m happy I tried dry brushing. I Immediately saw results and I’m excited for the long term dry brushing benefits. My skin feels silky smooth. He touched my leg and he was amazed how smooth and soft my legs felt.
My knees and elbows have always been a little darker than the rest of my body. These two areas have lightened and look smoother already. I also dry brushed my face and I’m glowing. My husband asked me what I had on my face and I said nothing, my face is super exfoliated. My face is glowing.
Dry brushing my face has worked better than any face scrub I have ever used.
Does dry brushing work?
Yes! Dry brushing really works. As long as your skin is healthy enough for dry brushing, you can expect to see and feel an immediate improvement in your skin. Right away smoother and softer skin. Your skin will looks invigorated with a healthy glow.
Each area you spend time brushing will bring blood flow and nutrients to your skin. This will help encourage healing to the skin.
Is dry brushing good for cellulite?
I did have some cellulite on the sides of my upper thighs and I believe dry brushing and doing squats has helped me remove the cellulite. Yay!
Dry brushing face?
Yes! Dry brushing is great for your face. However, be careful for sensitive areas on your face such as around your eyes. If you have sensitive skin, I do not recommend dry brushing your face as often ad your body. If you have normal to oily skin, I would dry brush the face once a week.
How to dry brush cellulite:
VIDEO: Watch Kiki brush away and prevent cellulite with dry brushing:
If I have stretch marks, can dry skin brushing remove them?
Yes. According to this amazing video. I’m trying to remove the little white lines on my but aka stretch marks by using this dry brush method below. She says to use the other side of the brush that has the little “nubbies” Fingers crossed. In this video, she explains that rubbing the area with stretch marks brings blood flow to that area as well as nutrients. This blood flow helps heal the area with the inflicted trauma. Also, helps soften the scar tissue fibers in the stretch marks. She also keeps her tummy firm by dry brushing!
Dry skin brushing final thoughts
I have learned the dry brushing benefits are too amazing not to try. Not to mention dry skin brushing is probably the most inexpensive skin care treatment. You save money dry brushing yourself at home instead of visiting a fancy Korean Skin Care Spa. Of course the actual dry skin brush is affordable too!
One weird tip for dry brushing your skin
The first time you attempt to dry brush your skin, I suggest your go outside. Second, do a test spot. I recommend you test your forearm. Get in a sunny location so you can see all the dead skin getting brushed away and fly in the air. You will be amazed how well dry brushing works.
This dry brush is good for treating cellulite and dry brushing your entire body:
I recommend more Korean skin care articles:
Do you have any questions about dry skin brushing? Also, if there’s any dry brushing benefits I missed, please leave them in the comments below.